Make a comic strip character
- Look at different comic strip heroes. Get suggestions from the
class of names: Superman, Bart Simpson, Asterix, Tin Tin or others.
Describe popular characters for their age range in the UK today.
Encourage the students to tell you about local comic book characters.
Ask them to describe one character in pairs.
- What makes this character special?
- What can they do? Have they got special powers?
- What are their weaknesses?
- What do they look like?
- What are their special interests or ambitions?
- Then ask each group or pair to choose a favourite character and make a simple situational dialogue which is typical for them.
- Ask students to work in pairs or groups to invent their own character. If appropriate students can draw the character. Give the character special powers, a name and a special mission.
- The final stage is to tell an everyday story involving the character.